What is the main difference between Bitcoin and Ethereum?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  dopemlnl 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tomlin09

I know Bitcoin has been dominant for a long time now in the Cryptocurrency scene ever since it started back in 2009, and that since its the first one to actually “make it”, this is now the most trusted and most valued cryptocurrency.

However, Bitcoin prices are now way too high for average investors like me, but I really wanted to get my own share.

I heard about Ethereum and that it has become the number 2 cryptocurrency next to Bitcoin, and that everyone is already starting to take notice and invest in it as well.

Now I am thinking of buying Ethereum instead of Bitcoin. But I want to know before I do so, what is actually the MAIN difference between the Bitcoin and Ethereum?

dopemlnl

Unlike Bitcoin, Ethereum is not just a digital money. Ethereum also features smart contracts and it uses its currency called ether for peer-to-peer contracts.

Both of them are powered by blockchains (the online public ledger of transactions for transparent tracking), but what really sets them apart is Ether’s own “Smart Contracts” which you can use for any kind of online transaction, not just online currency exchange.

Ethereum smart contracts are compatible with any wallet available from the internet. You can copy the code from Ethereum’s website and then use your tokens for many purposes, which could be real world applications like properties, stocks, assets, fundraising, proof of membership, any form of voting – virtually anything!

So yeah I think Bitcoin is good to invest in, but it’s good that you’re considering to invest in Ethereum as well because from the looks of it, Ethereum is stronger and potentially more bankable than Bitcoin in the future. Also try to watch this video below as it easily explains about the differences between the two.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

FrustratedBillionaire