What is your go-to travel hacking web site?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Alexey 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    FrustratedBillionaire
    FrustratedBillionaire
    Keymaster

Finding the cheapest and the best flights according to our ever-changing preferences has been overwhelming and time-consuming because of the never ending options when it comes to airfare comparison sites. This topic is created so that we can somehow crowd source, discuss, and identify which website or app is the most popular and most useful for most. Happy posting!

Alexey

rosey28
    Participant

Momondo! never fails guys. have used it to find cheap fares on most of my travels.

evan_rogers
    Participant

@Alexey Agree with you on this. I tried Tripstein last year and it worked like magic! $578 from HNL-SIN roundtrip. Saved me around $300.

torg
    Participant

evan rogers what airline is that? and what class?

evan_rogers
    Participant

@torg its on Japan airlines (JAL) on economy

NonieVTL

I prefer to check on the individual airline company’s website. I find it more customer friendly and easier to navigate. I recently got a roundtrip ticket to HongKong for only PhP 3,600! I think it also helps if you subscribe in their newsletter so you can be kept posted on future promotions.

FrustratedBillionaire
    FrustratedBillionaire
    Keymaster

Thanks and welcome to the community @Alexey, @rosey28, @evan_rogers, @torg, and @NonieVTL! :)

My personal picks are Skyscanner, Momondo, Google ITA Matrix & Google Flights, Flightfox, and Flystein. I’ve written about my experience with these platforms here! But seriously the best and easiest travel hack would be to marry a flight stewardess and enjoy the free flights! :D

trishaaguila
    Participant

Google Flight Explorer (google.com/flights/explore) if you just want to explore and compare flight prices going to vague destination. Helpful but this is only for the “wanderers” out there having no set itinerary and can go anytime. I never tried this though because I always have to stick to a schedule but this is perfect for those who just want to daydream :)

Carlos

Travelbook.ph specialty naman nya is Philippine destinations and local market so may special discounts kapag nagbook through them kasi may partnerships na sila with local hotels and airlines.

John

I recommend Skypicker because it has an algorithm that finds the cheap, unseen tickets from airline websites and automates the buying process. Plus, the customer service they provide is superb.
    I booked 2 flights for 31st March using Skypicker; one from Manchester to Brussels and then another connecting flight to Marseeille.
    I arrived in Brussels only to find out that my budget flight to Marseile was cancelled due to a strike in France. I immediately contacted Skypicker to see if they could help. The employee I spoke with was extremely kind and helpful and, although she was unable to find me a new flight to Marseille due to a national strike in France, promised to refund all the money I had spent with Skypicker for the 2 flights. The money was back in my account within 24 hours, and I believe this is a far better and faster outcome I would have received from the budget airline, if I had dealt directly with them.
    I will not hesitate to use Skypicker again and I will definitely recommend it to all the readers here.

skydev

Hey there, I’m one of the developers at Skypicker, and, well, it’s totally legit :D
    The reason we have cheap flights like that is that other sites normally only find flight combinations that are supplied by the airlines (or parties close to them), and when the airlines are in charge of connecting flights, they only use the flights of airlines they are allied with. Since we check all possible combinations, including those that the airlines don’t offer themselves, it isn’t rare that we end up with cheaper flights. We often see 90% cheaper alternatives on quite a few routes.
    The issue that all this poses is that by taking these ‘unofficial’ connection flights, if the first flight is delayed, you can’t hold the airlines liable for you missing your connection. But for this very reason we have a thing called the Skypicker Guarantee — so in such a case you can just call us, we will find you an alternative, and we’ll book it for you free of charge.

boyet23
    Participant

Yup but that would also mean that you have to pick up your bags at each stop and re-check them in, or if you buy a hidden city flight where you buy point a to b to c but only take point a to b since its cheaper, you cannot check-in any of your stuff since obviously your checked-in luggage will have to go though a to b to c.

Alexey

Yeah, Flystein (http://flystein.com) rock! And also recommended here: http://www.hackerparadise.org/faq/

But who is Tripstein? :) haha

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

FrustratedBillionaire