I’d like to tell you about my Hawaii experience. After visiting California early this year, we decided to go to Hawaii! :) It was my first time and I was really excited since it was my dream to go to Hawaii. As we all know, Hawaii is a very enchanting place. I like how laid back the people in Hawaii are – and how women tend to wear beautiful flowers tucked in their ears all the time (you can also find those beautiful flowers here in the Philippines – we call them Kalachuchi), never forgetting to say “Aloha" to ever person they meet. I have also learned about their “Hang Loose" a.k.a. “Shaka" hand sign and I have been doing the sign in every single photo I have in Hawaii.
We stayed in the island of Oahu for four extremely fun days. During the first three days there was thunderstorm – but it did not stop us from having fun. It was only in the fourth day that we get to experience some real sunshine in Hawaii.
Our trip checklist:
- Watched the Honolulu Festival
- Went for a joy ride along the famous Kamehameha Highway and went straight to North Shore. We also stopped by the Dole Plantation where the World’s largest garden maze is.
- Ate at the world famous Shrimp Shack – they serve the best buttered shrimp I have ever tasted (sorry I wasn’t able to take a picture of it). Savory and yummy, indeed!
- Ate Spam Musubi bought at a grocery beside Shrimp Shack
- People watching and having a bottle of beer along Waikiki Beach. Yeah! ;)
- And then there was the rainbow after the thunderstrom.
This maybe the reason why rainbows are a part of Hawaii State’s license plate designs:
Hmmmm… I’ll definitely go back to Hawaii someday. ;)